Thursday, April 10, 2008

Autorun.inf woes

My desktop remains much neglected as I'm mostly using my laptop these days . A host of viruses,Trojan horses, spyware and adware have found their way into my desktop among them a major one is the autorun.inf Trojan horse forcing me to use the run command every time i want to open a drive ( autorun.inf fumbles with the windows explorer,both double clicking and right click open doesn't work).

Thanks to amishrit's blog I got this video a simple way to get rid of autorunf.inf

After care:

Now that the autorun.inf is removed here's a simple tip to stay free from it.

When ever you connect a pen drive just scan it with a an updated anti-virus(pen drive being main culprit in spreading the autorun.inf Trojan horse).

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's New